Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Sometimes you sit and you just think.......

Ya know, when you try to be optimistic your whole life, sometimes it backfires on you. When you think everything might just be working out well, it all just explodes. When you think that the glass is half-full, it goes ahead and empties out on you. It's hard to be positive when everybody else is so negative about everything. People ask me for suggestions, opinions, or sometimes they just spill their guts to me recounting every single negative aspect of their day, week, and life, and THENNNNNNNN, they expect me to be happy-go-lucky and jolly and tell them everything will be ok. But then other times, they don't want to hear my optimism, even when I think it is for the better, they brush it off. I've been through my tremendous hardships, I've cried my oceans, I've pained my heart and soul and yet I came out on top. Because of this, I try to share my positive thinking with others and they don't want to hear it. They want to make their decisions and layer them with cement so none of my positivity can get to it. Why is this? Do they think I'm spilling out all of these opinions/thoughts because I don't know what I'm talking about? Do they think I do this for fun? No....I actually try to help them understand that while they are going through their hardships and their "bumps in the road", the sun still shines, the wind still blows, the ocean still has waves, and the birds still sing their happy song.

But ya know what, I'm tired of being positive. My story of coming up here and going through hardships has inspired nobody. It has not helped any of those who I have stretched my arm out to. It has not changed any minds and it has not caused one to ponder. It has done nothing, so therefore, I quit. I'm hanging my coat and hat. If you have a problem/worry about any situation you're in, yet you don't want to hear ANY positive words/thinking, don't come to me. Seriously. I can't help you if you don't let me. I can't tell you everything will be ok if you don't believe me. I can't believe in you if you don't believe in yourself first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home