Monday, February 21, 2005

Unintentional Neglection and Some Incredible Satisfaction

First and foremost, I greatly apologize to the frequent visitors of my blog because I have unintentionally neglected you (ummm....I'm not sure if I have frequent visitors, per se, but I do know I have A frequent visitor. Hi, Dolphin!!!) Either way, I greatly apologize for this neglection. I've just been a teeny bit busy these past couple of weeks. Sorry =(

But, being the WONDERFUL blog host that I am, I have a great entry for you today!!! It is 11:34pm, Monday, February 21, 2005, and I have JUST completed my 2004 tax return online. YAY me!!! Thanks to www.taxactonline.com , I have been able to easily enter my information and receive a $1,300+ tax return. WHOO HOO!!!! I am so extremely ecstatic! This definitely fits in with my whole Quite the Journey theme. After all, the journey lies not only in the relocation process, but all of the hardships and "first times" that come along with living on your own for the first time (bit of redundancy there, but it is necessary). This was a really big thing for me. Being the youngest in my family, I have always been quick to rely on others to help me out, but ever since I relocated to the VA area almost 2 years ago, I have learned to fend for myself and I have also DEFINITELY realized that the world is in fact a case of survival of the fittest. But then again, that is the beauty of independence. Doing anything and everything you have to do to survive is so beautiful. With every little thing I do, I realize and come to terms with the fact that I am one bad a*s mofo! That I can take care of myself so steadily and with such a strong foundation, that I can help those living on their own for the first time with some advice and even personal "horror stories" (Lord knows I have some...oh yeah...thanks, Lord for the 35 cent sandwich rolls at Giant. They're yummy!)

So if you are a first timer living on your own, feel free to drop me a comment and let me know if I can help you with anything. Perhaps I will be so inspired to help others that I might just write a book. Hmmmm.....now that's a thought! Actually, I am working on writing one as we speak. I will keep you posted on that, so keep checking in!

Oh yeah...before I forget...thank you SO VERY MUCH to all of the clickers who read The Importance of Secondary Salaries (Click To Save Me) and went ahead and clicked the ads at the bottom of the page a couple of times to help me out. I greatly appreciate it. If you haven't read the Click to Save Me entry, here's the URL ( http://mia2va.blogspot.com/2005/02/importance-of-secondary-salaries-click.html ) Please read it and click to help a sista out! =)

3 Comments:

Blogger AmandaDufau said...

I resent that whole "A frequent visitor" thing...y yo que soy, chopped liver?!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Uh-oh. Sorry, Amanda. Pero you're not chopped liver to me. Hmmmm...instead you are like a fricase de pollo (que rico!!!!!!) =) Heehee...I really appreciate your frequent visits. After you told your hermanita that we needed to update our blogs, I thought, "Ay ay ay! I have visitors on my site....better get back to work!" So for that, I thank you ;)

Dolphin, I am in fact alive and kicking, I just had a pretty hectic week. Hopefully these ads can bring me a decent secondary income, so I'll let you know =)

6:20 AM  
Blogger AmandaDufau said...

Hmmm....fricase de pollo..my grandma makes an awesome one.
(good thing I'm not chopped liver then, cuz I HATE LIVER!! lol)
Don't worry, I know you were tied up this past week. I forgive you!

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home