Saturday, January 29, 2005

JLo......Talented or thief?!?!

I'm sure you all have probably heard Jennifer Lopez's new single, Get Right, off of her soon to be released album, Rebirth. Well, according to recent reports, that is exactly what Lopez did with her latest single, she rebirthed it. As I was driving to work the other day, I was listening to the Hollywood Hot Sheet on one of my favorite local radio stations, when all of a sudden, they reported that R&B sensation Usher was probably looking to sue Jennifer Lopez and/or her producers for taking a song he axed from his Confessions playlist and literally using it word for word, beat and all, as Lopez's own. Now, I'm not a big Lopez fanatic. I mean, sure, by all means, represent for the Latinas and show that being voluptious IS sexy. But to steal a song, most of all THAT ONE, and call it your own?!?!? That's not even a great song to steal. Sure the video is full of "hot dance moves" (none hotter than 1,2 Step by Ciara) and about 6 Jennifer Lopez's, but the song, on a scale of one to ten, in my opinion gets a mere 4. Jennifer's voice is childish on it and sounds just a bit too squeaky for my taste. And the beat....oh yeah, that's annoying to the point that I care to gauge my eyes out. Ironically, that song can definitely get repeat on my Dell Pocket DJ while I "get it right" on the treadmill. Blah....everybody talks so much crap about Britney Spears, but Jennifer Lopez is a lost case just the same. The only difference? Lopez is a bit more diva about it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had a train-wreck-type fascination with the no-talent that is J Lo for a few years now, and I've waxed intellectual about her exploits, first with this one: http://www.geocities.com/wndrwmn728/JenniferLopez.html; and then this one: http://www.geocities.com/wndrwmn728/JLo.html. IMO, she's a fair example of all that is wrong in this world. Trying so hard to be "real" amid her avarice, trying to hard to shove her music down our throats when her abilities are, at best, mediocre. Blah. She sucks.
Cheers! :-)

11:51 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

HAHA! Thanks for that comment, Anonymous. It really made me laugh. It's true, though. The obsession that people have with Jennifer Lopez is not for her talent, instead for her lack of. We are obsessed with her harmonyless songs and recycled beats that we just find it irrestible. Ha! We are in fact the ones who give her millions and her horrible ego. Ha! We are to blame. Oh well. We live and we learn =)

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home