Sunday, February 06, 2005

Woop Woop! Pull over! It's your birthday!

I didn't post yesterday because it was my birthday and, although I have very limited friends and family here, I was still trying to celebrate it as best as I could. As I was driving home yesterday afternoon after having lunch with my sister and her boyfriend, I was listening to a song that made me cry because I realized how much I miss my mother, who lives in Miami. I didn't think I was speeding, all I knew was that the girl behind me was on my butt and we were the only two drivers on the road. So as I was cruising, a uniformed man walks out of what appears to be bushes and demands for me to pull over to the side of road. I'm thinking, "Maybe he's just doing a random check. I mean, he was behind some trees and bushes. There is no way he had a radar on me." Sure enough, the officer asks me for my license and registration, and after I give it to him, he says, "Why so fast?" I decided honesty was key and told him that I didn't know I was going that fast. Apparently, I was travelling at 53 mph in a 35 zone. I thought he would've seen my license and said, "Darn, it's her birthday. If I had a heart, I would simply give her a warning and let her go on her way." But of course, that is not the way Virginia Polic Officers think. You see, Virginia Police Officers have a heart about the size of an infant's pinkie nail. Because of this, they decide there is no mercy for ANY civilian. So the officer proceeded to write me a speeding ticket. Now, if the man would have even uttered the words, "Happy Birthday", I think I would've spit on him. Truthfully.

This was not the only upsetting thing that happened yesterday. When I woke up in the morning, I had a horrible rash on my face and my eys were super swollen and puffy. It so happens I had an allergic reaction to a cream I put on the night before. And to top it off, I only have about 4 people I could've spent my birthday with yesterday (my sister and her boyfriend, my friend from work, and my roommate/friend). My boyfriend does not live here and neither do my parents, nieces and nephews, sister and brother-in-law, brother and sister-in-law, and my best friends. No one. And to top it all off?!?! I figured out that Police Officers within the state of Virginia have no heart. Yep. My life is dandy right about now. Let's just say, when the clock struck midnight, I was so relieved!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Dolphin, I do miss Miami....LIKE CRAZY!!! But the thing is, I've found more opportunity up here as far as jobs go. It's very tricky in Miami. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the beaches, La Carreta, Little Havana, and everything else that just resembles Miami PERFECTLY. But I want to take care of some things up here before I go back. =) Oh yeah...my brother is a police officer, so as far as corruption goes....I've never encountered that. I always had the ante up when it came to troubles with the law =)

7:35 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

You should really look into relocating. I mean, I was born and raised there, but I think there is only so much I can take of a certain place. The BEST feeling now is whenever I go back to visit. It's so refreshing and I'm not stressed out (like I was when I lived there). The good thing about computer programming is that it is needed EVERYWHERE!!! From New York to New Mexico, you can ANYWHERE with that. Good luck with it!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home