Monday, February 28, 2005

Must Give Credit Where Credit is Due

I have said it before and by golly, I'm not ashamed to say it again: I am not a BIG fan of Jennifer Lopez. When I say BIG fan, I mean I am not president of her fan club. However, I do own all of her CDs and I am a stickler for her movies. There is something addicting about that damn girl. I think I finally realized what it was.

On Thursday, February 24, MTV gave a reality show that followed the infamous JLo as she prepared to put together her very first runway show for the notorious Fashion Week. I of course tuned in...not because I am a BIG Lopez fan, but because I wanted the see the style and clothes. I'm a girl, what can I say. After watching the episode, I suddenly had a newfound respect for the BBB (Bronx born Boriqua). She is literally a work horse and she is definitely on top of her game. Throughout the show, you witness how she has her finger on every little thing that is happening in the show. I guess the most intriguing part about it is you know she is an actress, dancer, singer, and now for her to be a fashion mogul is just so amazing. She did a great job preparing for the show and was definitely in business woman mode throughout the entire episode.

Now, let's not get carried away. She had a show director who planned out the whole runway extravaganza; she just said whether she liked the ideas or not and threw in a few of her ideas. She had a fashion director and fashion designers who designed ALL of the clothing; it never once showed her pick up a pencil and sketch an outfit. Perhaps that's how the fashion world is, though. Perhaps it is never the clothing line owner who designs the fashions. Or perhaps the celebrities who have their own fashion lines are the ones who never pick up a pencil while the fashionistas themselves do, as well as their fashion designers (the Marc Jacobs, Tommy Hilfigers, Calvin Kleins, Oscar de la Rentas, Narcisco Rodriguezs) But you can't really blame the stars who have their own fashion lines and don't design the clothes themselves. After all, they are just using their money in an investment like any smart business person would do.


Oh yeah, click an ad at the bottom of the page =)

1 Comments:

Blogger AmandaDufau said...

I totally agree with you.
I saw the show over the weekend, and think she did a helluva job. My husband said, "she seems like such a b!t*h" and I said, "no, she's a good businesswoman, she knows what she wants and how she wants it, and will not settle for less".
She may have her quirks, as all celebrities do, and I do think her singing is a bit overrated, but she's definitely got good business sense!

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home