Friday, March 04, 2005

DHL stands for Don't Hire Losers

I am never one to be rude to a company or an employee of the company because I know what it is to work in Customer Service. However, I know what it is to work in Customer Service for a company who offers good services. DHL Express claims to offer this great service, but definitely fell short when I decided to ship a package to Miami using their services.

So here's the scoop:

On Monday, February 28th, I shipped out a package to my niece in Miami for her birthday. I shipped it using a 2-Day service where the package should have arrived on Wednesday. Sure enough, Wednesday came along and I was anxiously awaiting a phone call from my niece blowing an infinite number of kisses and thanking me for the cool package (because I'm a cool tia!) But to my surprise, no phone call. I decided to go to www.dhl.com and track the package I had sent out. Once I signed on and checked the tracking nuber, I realized the package had been attempted to be delivered but failed. They would attempt the following business day. No biggie. It happens. But when my sister called me, she told me they hadn't even receieved one of those notes that says "We attempted a delivery. We will return yada yada yada" (you get my drift). Hmmmm...interesting. I decided to call DHL Express and give them a different address to ship it to (the business address of my sister and brother-in-law's company) The gentlemen informed me the information had been updated and that the attempt would be made again the following day. Ok, I thought, she'll get the package on Thursday...although I PAID for Wednesday, but that's cool. Thursday came, no package. Hmmmm....very interesting. DHL received another phone call from me. To my dismay, they said that according to THEM, the package had been delivered, but some other freight company was delivering it because DHL had "too much of a load". So let me get this straight, DHL, whom I paid for THEIR services, can't handle the load so they pawn it off on some unknown company that I have now knowledge of?!?!?!? Great! So if I go to McDonalds and order a Big Mac and they are too busy to take care of my order, are they going to give me a Whopper? I don't think so!!!

So now here I am, it's Friday, and still no package has arrived for my niece. Oh DHL WILL be hearing from me in an extremely strong worded letter. Believe you me!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Compared to broker commissions, they are like an anthill against a mountain. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Alexa Bags[/url] Finally, determine what the value of the item is to you.. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose outlet[/url] Fedprenmj
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]cheap pandora[/url] Uuzhoakpc [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose chilliwack[/url] rrliegmrc

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home