Thursday, April 14, 2005

Wow...it's an addiction

I have always been very vocal regarding my obsession with Desperate Housewives (let's face it....THAT SHOW ROCKS!!!) But lately I have realized another addiction I have....a more useful addiction, if you may. I am officially addicted to buying books at used book stores. Yes, ladies & gents, this is my new addiction. In the past 2 weeks I have visited a used book store and left with a purchase of no less than $25. That's $50 in 2 weeks!!! I could buy groceries with that! =\ My roommate is SOOOOOO gonna be angry with me when she reads this =( Well, to lighten the mood a bit more, let me tell you the books I've bought:

- Tyra's Beauty Inside & Out - Tyra Banks

- Eve Luna - Isabel Allende ( I MET HER! I LOVE HER! )

- Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue (Book 2) - Neale Donald Walsch

- Collegiate Bible ( I love this version! It helps me a lot with being able to go through the stories and understand them and be able to apply them to my life)

- Random Family : Love, Drugs, Trouble, and Coming of Age in the Bronx - Adrian Nicole LeBlanc

- South Beach Diet: The Delicious, Doctor-Designed, Foolproof Plan for Fast and Healthy Weight Loss - Arthur Agatston ( I CAN'T wait to get started with this diet...it looks pretty easy and promising...YAY ME! )

I believe these are the only books I have bought from the used bookstore recently. Hmmmm...maybe if I owned a used bookstore, I wouldn't have to pay for books. Hmmmmm....that's food for thought =)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Dolphin, I started to read Conversations with God, but to be quite honest with you, I am starting with Book 2, which I regret. I wish I would've purchased Book 1 and began to read that one before just shooting to Book 2. However, what I HAVE started to read of Book 2 is very intriguing. It's almost like reading Proverbs or Psalms...just very inspirational things. To tell you the truth, I don't know if you have ever read about Kabbalah, but the book almost speaks in the same context (we are the controllers of our destiny, yada yada yada). You should also read up on Kabbalah...VERY INSPIRATIONAL THINGS! I love it =)

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home