Wednesday, May 18, 2005

All in one day....

Well, this is "somewhat" of a shocker....

Eight days before we are to pick up the keys to our new apartment, my
roomie/Miami buddy-buddy vigorously begins searching for a job back in
Miami because her day at work was soooooo unbearable that she cannot
control the little Miami demons in her body burning her with a longing
for cuban coffee, fried pork, and the warmth of her familia. See, she
has been controlling them for some time now and has feverishly released
them once she sets foot on Miami soil. But she has also become better at
lulling them back to sleep so that she may continue this "adventure" I
earlier suggested everyone should take at least once in their lifetime.
And now I don't know what to do because living on your own is very
difficult, let alone losing somebody who has come to be almost like a
sister to you.

You see, I've failed to tell Ladybug this, but her company has been the
best I have had since I moved up here. Her corny jokes and
uncontrollable laughter is reminiscent of the friends I used to spend my
time with and it made me feel as if I FINALLY have somebody here I could
relate to. I mean, my sister is here, but she's too busy with her
boyfriend's softball games, and cooking her boyfriend's dinner, and
preparing food for her boyfriend's friends when they come over to see
football to even care what is going on with me or how I am. And to
think...SHE was the main reason at the time that I came up here. So when
Ladybug came along, she filled the gap with the companionship and love
for reality shows that I needed. She was my breath of fresh air. (Oh,
dear Sidekick II, please do not short circuit on me....I don't think
salt water is good for you)

All I can do is sit here and try to smile and be happy and wish Ladybug
the best of luck in her job search, but I feel like yelling and
screaming, "DO A JOB SEARCH HERE!!!! It's the JOB that has you so upset.
Please give it a shot." But I can't beat a dead horse. If she really
wants to go back that badly, then that is what she must do.

But let it be known, Ladybug....I will miss you.

I will miss how you must buy 2 different cheeses.

I will miss how you must put Twizzler in the fridge.

I will miss how words will meet and dance merengue in your brain after 3
rum and cokes.

I will miss how you always say "yiiiis" on the phone instead of "yes".

I will miss your flowing skirt pajama.

I will miss your "weird" music.

I will miss you. Good luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karla said...

Aww i am sorry that you are/might be losing your friend. I wish her the best of luck on her "journay".

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a taste for some string cheese and apple oatmeal! ;)

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home