Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Cubans do it better....sooooooo much freakin' better

Alright, how many of you watch Inferno II on MTV? Raise your freakin hand, you know you do! Well, I have been a very loyal viewer of Real World and Road Rules for as long as I can remember and I have fallen in love with personalities, whether they are a bad ass or a good guy. And there is one character that I have always loved to watch because of their personality, sense of humor, and most of all.....their CUBANISM!!!! I am speaking of none other than the infamous Veronica from Road Rules: Semester at Sea. She is an awesome competitor and forget what you heard, she's a good person (damn, editing!) Well, when I saw Veronica on SAS, that was when I learned that she was Cuban. There was a mission that was to take place in Cuba where Veronica was able to meet some family members for the first time. As she and her family shed tears, so did I. Many people do not realize the struggles that even American born Cubans have to go through knowing that they have family members in Cuba who they may never get the chance to meet. It is a very heart breaking feeling. Ever since that episode, I knew deep down that the one character I would always relate to the most would be Veronica.

Now...back to the Inferno II. If you all have in fact seen it, you will have noticed a bunch of shirts being worn with some *ahem* provocative messages such as "I heart my p*ssy" and "Ditch him for HER". Well, when I saw these shirts, I thought that was pretty interesting that they ALL had the same shirts and just figured it was an advertising gig for them. Low and behold, I discovered it is a company owned by Veronica and fellow Road Ruler, Rachel that makes those shirts. The website where they sell those shirts for the time being until they hit a store near you is http://www.collegedropout.com

On a recent episode, Veronica wore a shirt that said "Cubans do it better", which, I mean, we do....don't hate! I quickly sent an email to the collegedropout site, knowing she would get it. In the email, I said how the shirt was awesome and I loved it. She quickly responded telling me the shirt would be added to collegedropout.com. And sure enough, tonight I received an email from Veronica herself telling me the shirt is up and for sale. So if you are Cuban, don't question it.....GET IT!

Make sure to check out http://www.collegedropout.com and order a shirt =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home