Tuesday, May 24, 2005

367 days and counting...

My roommate and I have come up with somewhat of an agreement. But before I begin, let me backpedal a bit so you know what I am talking about...


As you all may have read a few posts ago, I have been homesick lately and missing my family back in Miami. Now, if I was like my roommate, who goes home like every month, I'm sure I wouldn't be homesick at all...but I'm not, so I am. Well, when I wrote that post about contemplating going home, what was actually running through my mind was, "Well, we are about to sign a new lease, and my scholarship doesn't end until next Spring, so I will stick it out until this new lease is up, and then I will head home. To my shock (well, not really shock, per se...but ya know) my roommate came home fuming one afternoon, literally ready to pick up her things and take a trip down south. I was confused and stressed....not just because I might be homeless, but because I had come to have a wonderful bond with my roommate which I have been lacking with my sister. Without my roommate, I would be sad and "hopeless". So then I started thinking, "Well, when my roomie goes home, so will I" , but then I got to thinking of how hard it would be with so little planning and absolutely no money saved up. Then I thought (I'm tellin' ya, I have done so much freakin thinking these past couple of days that my brain hurts) that I would live with my sister and her man (which I wouldn't want to do....AT ALL) until Spring semester is up next year and then head home. And then I just didn't know what to think. My mind was flooded and the stress was starting to build up into a mountain. Then my roomie called me with some fabulous news (**NOTE: When stuck on how to spell "fabulous", NEVER sing that Fabolous song in your head where he spells out his name) She said that she is going to live this new lease out in the new apartment, but that there is a countdown until she goes back to Miami, because when that lease is up, she's gone! And so there we have it, roomie....let's synchronize our watches....


367 days to go!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Ladybug -- Those days will pass faster than you know and with all the trips you take home, I'm sure you will be okay ;)

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home