Sunday, July 03, 2005

My Beautiful Discovery

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As I sit here on the beach in Bethany, Delaware, the clock creeping
lazily towards 6pm, I realize the reason for my love and neverending
passion for one of God's most beautiful creations.

Ever since I was a little girl, I have been absolutely enamored with the
ocean. Not just the beach and its salty magnitude, but the infinite
magesticness that is the ocean. I never sat down and analyzed my love, I
just knew I loved it. When I was old enough to toy with astrology and
all of its hoopla, I realized I was born in the sign of the water
bearer, so I thought that made sense. And when I went through the phase
of being intrigued by all of the baby name books, I discovered my name
signified a 'white wave', so that made sense also. I basically just
thought my love for the ocean and all of its 'signs' were nothing more
than mere coincidences.

But now as I sit here, looking towards the horizon and listening to the
crashing of the waves and watching the shore slowly make its way closer
to me as it gets later, it all clicks. My love clicks. My passion
clicks. My dreams click. I am the ocean. My life IS the ocean. My dreams
never end, like the crashing of the waves. My thoughts and wonders
always seem to surprise me, like the distance of the horizon. My
experiences always seem choppy, but yet add beauty and pricelessness to
my life, like the white foam waves. To the human eye, my life and my
dreams appear to have no end, like the ocean appears to have no end when
humankind looks at yet, subconciously knowing the Atlantic ocean flows
from North America to Europe and so on and so forth. Like the ocean, I
have different sides of me that can appeal to different people. I can
provide the currents for the take-it-to-the-extreme swimmers, the
relaxing sound of the waves for the read-a-book-and-relax beach goers,
and the wet sand for the let's-build-a-sand-castle-without-a-worry-in-the-world kids AND kids at heart.

It is considered cliché when someone says, 'I want to be cremated and
thrown into the ocean', but I do. I really feel the ocean provides me
with more of a sense of self than the the dirt of the Earth.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss building sandcastles. I miss going to the beach. I wish we had a decent beach around here. I don't get to see the ocean nearly enough. I miss Hawaii. Hawaii was fun. The ocean there kicked arse. Maybe I need a vacation somewhere. Somewhere nice. Nice and warm. Enjoy your time away!

< S >

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home