Sunday, June 26, 2005

Learning people

"One learns people through the heart, not the eyes or the intellect."
Mark Twain
I love "learning people". It is the best thing to just sit there and be completely perceptive. Some people have this distorted belief that in order to be extremely perceptive, you have to be quiet and to yourself. I am loud and rambunctious and yet I can tell you the true nature of every single person that surrounds me. I can tell you the type of person they really are, but the type of person they hope to come off as. I can tell you the thieves and the liars, the crooks and the hypocrites, the sweethearts and the schmucks, and so on and so forth. But the thing is, I try not to discriminate against these people for the type of the person they are. I try my best to treat every single person equally and without discrimination and whether or not I am completely successful at that, I believe that my reasoning for doing that is pretty darn understanding. People are different. People are people, whether they are tall, short, mean, nice, fat, skinny, or practically extra terrestial, they are people. And people are very different. You cannot discriminate against a person because their belief system is different or maybe they wear blue shoes and you hate it.
Learning people is one thing, but learning how to appreciate the diversity that makes up people is key.
Happy learning, bloggers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home